RASPBERRY APPLE CROSTATA – TIMBERCLIFFE COTTAGE INN
I love making crostatas. They are so quick, rustic & scrumptious with nearly any fruit…or try caramelized Vidalia onion and bacon for a savory Virginia style appetizer! Lucia deCordre, Timbercliffe Cottage Inn
- 1 Pie crust dough (your favorite recipe) rolled to 12" rough circle or square 1/4 inch thick
- 3 Large apples with peel on, chopped into bite-sized pieces try a mixture of red and green
- 3/4 Cup Raspberries, fresh or frozen If frozen, thaw and dry in paper towel
- 1/2 Cup Quick oats
- 1/2 Cup Honey
- 1 tsp Cinnamon
- 3 Tbs Butter
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Place the rolled out dough on parchment paper and onto a baking stone or sheet
- Melt the butter and generously brush the dough with about 1 tbsp of the butter
- Spread oats evenly over the dough, leaving approximately 1.5″ of the outer circle bare
- In a large bowl, gently stir together the apples, raspberries, cinnamon, honey and 1 tbsp of the melted butter until coated ( use more butter if desired)
- Spoon the mixture on the inner portion of the dough (the portion covered with oats)
- Carefully fold the 1.5″ outer bare portion of the dough over the edge of the apple mixture to hold the fruit in…working your way around the circle/square to create a ‘lip’ to the galette – this will form a “rustic” edge.
- Brush this outer, folded portion of the Galette with the remaining butter.
- Bake at 350 for 45-55 minutes or until the dough edges are golden.